Thanks to the popularity of our previous posts on flattering hairstyles according to face shapes, we have been asked to help you determine what your actual face shape is.
– mirror in a well-lit room
– measuring tape
– pen and paper to record measurements
1) First measurement: measure across the top of your cheekbones. Place the measuring tape just past the outer corner of your eye. Carefully, then lay the tape measure in a straight line across the bridge of your nose to the outer corner of the opposite eye. The tape measure will be resting on the “apples” of your cheeks. Read the number and record this measurement.
2) Second measurement: measure the jaw line. Start at one side of your jaw line, near the base of the ear. Run the measuring tape along your jaw line until the middle of your chin. Record this number and multiply it by 2 to get an accurate jaw line measurement.
3) Third measurement: measure your forehead. Place the measuring tape halfway between your eyebrows and your hair line on one side of your forehead and run it across to the other side of your forehead. Write down this measurement.
4) Fourth measurement: measure the length of your face. Starting at the middle of your hairline, run the measuring tape down the centre of your face, over your nose, and to the tip of your chin. Write down this measurement.
WHICH FACE SHAPE ARE YOU?
1) OVAL FACE SHAPE: the length of your face equals one and a half times the width. Check out our hairstyles for oval face shapes here.
2) ROUND FACE SHAPE: your face is as wide as it is long. Close measurements counts, so even if the two measurements aren’t exactly the same, your face would be classified as round. See hairstyles that flatter round face shapes here.
3) OBLONG FACE SHAPE: your face is longer than it is wide. See hairstyles that flatter an oblong face here.
4) HEART FACE SHAPE: your jaw is narrow with wide cheekbones and/or forehead. Another name for a heart-shaped face is an inverted triangle shape. See hairstyles that flatter a heart-shaped face here.
5) SQUARE FACE SHAPE: your face is as wide as it is long with a more angular shape than a round face. See hairstyles that flatter a square face shape here.
6) DIAMOND FACE SHAPE: your face is widest at the cheekbones; your have a narrow forehead and a jaw line of approximately equal width. Stay tuned for hairstyles that suit a diamond face!
7) TRIANGLE FACE SHAPE: your jaw line will be wider, while your forehead will be narrow. Stay tuned for hairstyles that compliment a triangle face shape!
Hopefully these guidelines point you in the right direction, as you stand in front of your mirror, puzzled over what hairstyle should suit your face. Remember to stay posted for further face shape and hairstyle inspirations!