Yesterday we discussed the round face shape and how to accentuate and minimize more angular facial features. Today, we would like to expand our conversation to include the round face shape. Most women with a round face shape try to steer clear of hairstyles that make their faces appear more round than necessary. Therefore, many of these women choose longer cuts, hoping that their faces will appear longer, fearing, however, that their hair will lack shape and style. Fear not! A round face is a beautiful face and there are many different styles that complement! In fact, round faces women tend to age more gracefully than any other facial shape. This is because their faces tend to retain the fullness and softness of youth.
Like the square face shape, there are some general guidelines that flatter rounder faces:
1) Keep your layers longer, as this will help to elongate the face. Overall longer styles enhance round faces because longer hair elongates. Unfortunately, short layers add body to the hair, which will add unwanted fullness to the face.
2) Keep bangs long and sideswept, as this creates a moving angle across a round face.
3) Be careful with bobs if you have a round face. A cut that is all one length or falls at the jawline can make the face appear rounder. If you really love the bob style, however, it is best to keep the length 2 inches longer than the jawline, so that the face will appear longer.
4) The key to short hair with round faces is to keep the hair straight so as not to expand the face with further volume on the sides.
5) For those with a round face who are worried about sacrificing style by keeping their hair longer have to look no further than Adele. She proves beautifully that shoulder length hair is most flattering on round face shapes as the hair is neither too long, nor too short.
Hopefully this post has helped to dispel some of the fears that rounder faced women experience. Remember, style does not have to be compromised, and your face need not be hidden!